Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Princess Sisters....

by Stacy Lynn Carroll

Publisher's Review: What happens when you mix five modern teenagers with five fairytale princesses? Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, and Snow White Princess are cousins (and best friends) stuck with names they're not too fond of...and now together they must face the challenge of getting ready for high school--a world where fitting in is definitely a must. But how will they ever fit in when they're destined to stand out? Or, perhaps more importantly, how will their friendship ever survive when the five Princesses all set their minds on one Prince?

Mandi's Review: This book is cute!! The Princess Sisters written by Author Stacy Lynn Carroll is a fun, witty, coming-of-age story. This is a story about five cousins who all share the same last name of Princess. Then to make matters worse, their mothers gave them all Disney princess names:Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel. Ready to enter high school, the girls are wondering how they will ever fit in, and when a handsome new boy moves in across the street it makes things all the more complicated. This book is definitely a cute read. The characters are true to life and you can easily relate to their experiences with high school and growing up. Each girl offered something to the story and it was fun to read how they interacted with one another. I loved their relationships and how they handled their unique names. I recommend this book to tweens and adults alike. Its fun, its clean, and it will leave a smile on your face.

I give The Princess Sisters 5 out of 5 stars and invite you to get to know the author of this adorable book a little more.....

To purchase The Princess Sisters visit Amazon today! (* Available on Kindle for only $3.96)
To learn more about Author Stacy Lynn Carroll visit www.stacylynncarroll.com/


Meet Stacy Lynn Carroll...




1. Tell us about your book.

                “The Princess Sisters” first started when my husband and I were on a car drive and the topic of baby names came up. I mentioned that when I was a little girl, I had wanted to name my daughter Aurora, after my favorite princess. Then when I was much older, I really loved the name Belle for a little girl. Well that dream was dashed when I married a man named Carroll!  Referencing both those princess names made me wonder what would happen if a mother named all her daughters after fairy tale princesses. That night, I went home and wrote the prologue.
                “The Princess Sisters” is about five cousins of the same age who were all named after princesses in hopes that they would find princes who would treat them well. The girls grow up struggling with their names and their   identities. For example, Ariel is terrified of the water and Snow White won’t even touch apples. The girls also learn a lesson or two on dating and how to tell the difference between a frog and a prince. It’s a modern tale with ties to old-age fairy tales about discovering your own individuality and being happy with what you find.

2.When did you first start writing?

                Elementary school. Whenever I had the chance to write a story for a school assignment, I jumped on it!  I started  winning contests for my writing in high school and that’s when I discovered it was more than just a hobby.  So I went to college and received my degree in creative writing, and have been doing it ever since!

3. What was your inspiration for The Princess Sisters?

                Oops. I already answered this question with the first one. You can go back and read it again. It’s okay, I’ll wait.

4. What is your favorite hobby besides writing?

                Oh man, that’s tough! I am the mother of two under the age of two, so I barely have enough time for the one hobby! I do enjoy painting though; anything from the walls of my house to holiday decorations.

5. What is your favorite food?

                I like food! This answer changes, depending on the mood I am in at that moment. Right now pizza sounds really good. I love a good, homemade pizza with lots of fresh veggies on it. Yummy!

6. If you could choose anywhere in the world to live, where would it be?

                Forever?  If it was for the rest of my life, I would choose Virginia. I used to be a nanny there and I completely fell in love with the east coast, Virginia in particular! It’s green and beautiful, close to some awesome cities like NYC and DC, but still far enough away to feel homey. It’s also close enough to the beach, and doesn’t have massive amounts of snow. If it was just for a couple years, I’ve always thought it would be cool to live in Ireland. Return to my roots and explore another country for a while. It’s beautiful (from what I’ve seen in pictures) and they speak English, which would be a big plus. 

Thanks Stacy for being a part of my blog today!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment