Monday, April 9, 2012

Homemade Lip Balm...

I love to make my own lip balm. It's easy, fast, cheap and it's some of the best stuff I've ever used. And...not only can you use this as a lip balm, it's great for cracked knuckles and very dry skin. Normally when I'm making chap sticks, I just fill empty chapstick tubes, but I decided to do it a little differently. Every Easter I am left with an over-abundance of empty Easter eggs. This year, rather than toss the eggs, I decided to make homemade peppermint/grapefruit lip balm to fill them. It was a fun way to stay thrifty, and my daughter loves the colorful containers.

Ingredients:

Beeswax (can be purchased at most health food stores such as Good Earth or Vitamin Barn)
Equal parts Coconut Oil
20-30 drops of Peppermint oil (depends on the strength you'd like)
10 drops of Grapefruit oil

Other ideas:
Lemon oil/Peppermint
Lavender/Peppermint

Melt Beeswax over very low heat in small sauce pan. Stir in Coconut oil and add in essential oils. Stir until melted completely. Pour liquid wax into small pour spout container and pour into molds. Wait 20 minutes to cool and harden then cap with lid. *(If you find the chapstick sets up harder than you'd like, just re-melt and add in extra coconut oil to reach desired consistency)

That's it!! It's easy and so so fun to create your very own, uniquely "you" lip balms!

No comments:

Post a Comment