Every Spring my grandparents grow the most amazing rhubarb garden. One of my favorite things to do was cut a stalk and eat it raw. I'd pucker up and enjoy the tart
experience. However, my taste buds have recently "matured" and I find that eating rhubarb is a much more pleasant experience when you add loads of sugar. After many failed attempts, I finally discovered this amazingly yummy recipe and I thought I'd share. So here it
Rhubarb Strawberry Crunch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.
253 | Total Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 27mg
one day when I'm feeling more adventurous, I'm going to try these...