Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Mom, I'm A Man Now...."


My husband and I have always had a long-standing disagreement when it comes to how old our children need to be before they can safely enter a public restroom without  parental supervision. I'll be the first to admit, when it comes to allowing my children out of my sight while in public, I'm a tyrant and my answer has always been an absolute, no-arguing, "NO!" However....while shopping today, my 6 year-old son needed to use the restroom. Normally I take my children in the family bathroom, but today it was occupied. Trying to save some time, I moved toward the women's restroom. When I realized that he was no longer behind me, I turned to find him hovering near the door..... His little mouth was twisted into a thoughtful grimace, and then he looked me, ever so solemn and said, "Mom, I am a man now, and mans use man toilets. I can't go in here." Now how do you argue with that solid bit of logic? So in honor of my boys'leap into manhood, I've posted this song to help them celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment