Summer time is full of fun, adventure, and excitement, but when the days begin to shorten and the air turns crisp... I am ecstatic. I love Fall and everything that comes with it. Today, I thought I’d share my top 10 reasons why I love this time year....this is, after all, a random blog about nothing in particular.
1. Crisp, cool days— I love the feel of chilly air after months of excruciating heat. The air feels clean and fresh.
2. Hoodies— I am addicted to hoodies. I can’t think of anything more comfortable to wear. I feel so secure and warm in my favorite, tattered hoodie.
3. Halloween decorations— I am nuts over Halloween decorations. I love to decorate for this time of year. My mind kicks into overdrive and I clutter my house with craft projects. I have a lot of fun creating new and exciting items to decorate my house and porch.
4. Candy Corn— Candy corn is just a fun candy. I love the color, the texture, and it’s just so stinking cute. I devour this sweet confection by the handfuls.
5. Carnivals— I never really grew up. I get so excited whenever I start receiving the notes home announcing the school’s Fall Carnival. There is nothing more exciting than seeing kids of all ages in costume, playing games. As a kid I loved the fishing pond and the cake walk and I still get excited over these games.
6. Rock hounding— Rock hounding is so much more enjoyable this time of year. The heat often makes my favorite hobby unbearable, but this time of year, I can search for rocks for hours at a time, much to my husband’s dismay. I love making our annual trips to Delta and the Dugway geode beds.
7. Trick-or-Treat— I’m like a crazy mama when Halloween night finally rolls around. I create a plan of action and the kids and I hit as many houses as we can. We trick-or-treat until our noses are frozen and our feet ache. Then we come home and dive into our loot, and when the kids finally go to bed, I sneak all the chocolate.
8. My little heater— I love my little box heater. On chilly evenings my family can often find me snuggled next to my heater with a good book and a bowl of popcorn. I become overly possessive of my heater and I do not like to share :).
9.Corn on the cob— Personally, I hate corn on the cob. I hate the feeling of “hairy” teeth after I’m done eating a cob and it takes forever to pick out all the tiny strings hanging between my front teeth. However, I love the way corn on the cob looks. A field of corn is an amazing sight and the sound of the breeze as it whispers through the tall stalks sends shivers up my spine.
And finally…number 10…Hot dog roasts in the desert— The desert is my favorite place. I love the high mesas, the red dirt, and the sound of coyotes yipping. The smell of wood smoke, dust, and desert flora hangs heavy in the air and I can’t think of a better place where I feel more at home.
Pumpkins, leaves, hot chocolate, and rain....I could probably go on and on about the things I love best about Fall!
What are your favorite things about Fall?