Thursday, September 1, 2011
Sweet Potato Enchiladas...
Sweet Potato Enchiladas....
6 sweet potatoes
1 and 1/2 packages 8oz cream cheese
4 green onions
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
12 corn tortillas
1 19oz can of red enchiladas sauce
1 1/2 packages of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions: (pre-heat oven to 350 degrees)
1. Bring large pot of water to boil and boil sweet potatoes until tender; about 30 mins.
2. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes
3. Place potatoes in a bowl with softened cream cheese and mash with blender on medium speed
4. Add green onions (diced) chili powder, dried oregano, and garlic salt
5. Blend until smooth
6. Heat oil in skillet and warm corn tortillas
7. Place your desired amount of sweet potato filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll and place, seam down, in prepared baking dish
8. Pour enchiladas sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 or 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown