Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recycled Table(s)

I love love love to turn odd pieces of furniture into something unique and beautiful. A week or so ago, I was in need to a new kitchen table, so I decided to explore the local thrift stores. I happened to stumble on an old table in need of much love. I wish I had taken some before and after pictures, but I didn't. Needless to say, this table was in rough shape. I scrubbed the top, then used a fork and a hammer to distress the wood even more before I added a darker stain. After letting it dry, I pulled it apart and discovered these amazing, old, rusty gears. I was in love. The inside of the table base also made a great shadow box type thingy that I was able to decorate. My dining room is very green. I have decorated with artificial plants and real plants, so I changed the "shadow box" thingy up to make it match. Once that was finished, I placed my old glass top from my previous table on top, giving my new table a very uniquely-me look. Even the gaps between the wood add a certain "style".

No comments:

Post a Comment